Friday, March 25, 2011

Before and Almost After

I was going to wait and do this when the end arrived, but I was just looking through some pictures and needed to share. Please, however, do not construe this as a plea for accolades. The fact is: I should never have permitted myself to look like the "before" picture, so no longer looking like it isn't so much a triumph as a "d'uh, fatty."

But here is the before. Taken in 2008. Please note the food aggression in my eyes as I look at the cake (I think the more distasteful the photo the better able I am to convey the complete lack of okayness that is before):

IMG_1247

MMMMMM yumyum cake. Yelena want cake. Yelena kill anyone who interferes with her and cake. Yelena eat cake. Omnomnomnomnomnomnom.

This photo was taken this week. Please note how there is no food in the picture. Also my head isn't in the picture, but I assure you it is I. See Mr. Sparkles?

IMG_5732

As I dream of how good steak frites with some maitre de buerre would taste, plus about a half dozen eclairs, I look at these pictures. These pictures will get me through the next several months.

I hope you are amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment